February 2023 Minutes
Date: 2/2/23 Minutes Recorded By: D.Clark, sec
Call to Order: 19:00 By: Speedy K, prez.
Pledge of Allegiance Called By: Silas Miller
Roll Call: Volunteers on Roster: 27 Volunteers in Attendance: 18
Special Guests: Dalton Tenbusch, turned in his application and was unanimously accepted.
Reading of Previous Minutes: Corrections: None, this time.
Approval Motion by: Eric M. Seconded by: CJ Approved (Y/N): Y
Beginning Balance: $ 34,265.30 Approval Motion by: John C.
Deposits: 2, 261.00 Seconded by: CJ
Expenses: 351.78 Approved (Y/N): Y
Ending Balance: $ 36,174.52
- Website: Still a work in progress, call Nickel with any questions
- Facebook: No report
- Shirt Committee: See Speedy with questions
- Jacket Committee: the consensus of the group is that the names and position will be attached to the jacket.
- Truck Committee: Eng. 56 will get attention by Jeremy when he has an opening in his schedule. Local farmers are very demanding.
- Safety: Stick around after the business meeting.
Station Representative Reports:
Sta. 51: Still here. Because of new insulation and heaters and general increased efficiencies the power bill is about ½ of what it was previously. Bully!
Sta. 52: The lights upstairs need some attention; for example, one of them is crooked.
Sta. 53: Someone has dug a hole by the footing. Chief Trav is taking the blame. The slab is officially deep.
Sta. 54: All is well. The gutters are clean.
- No old business.
- OVFA dues are due, $225 for 27 members. Moved: CJ; 2nd: Eric M. Motion passed
- OVFA conference in Roseburg, June 8-11.
- LB Food Share is asking for a donation. The motion to donate was made by Becky and 2nd by Sylvia. The motion did not pass.
- Treasurer’s computer needs to be replaced. CJ and Mike M. will research options and give their recommendation to the group. Motion to try and keep it under $1200 was made by Garret, 2nd by Guy. Motion passed.
- Letter from local high school kids: Mr/Mrs Eagle pageant is starting and they are requesting a donation. Discussion ensued, recognizing the proceeds will benefit all county residents, not just Harrisburg. Motion made to donate $250 by KC, 2nd by Eli. Motion passed.
- Please get your online training done. Now.
- Fire school is coming up.
- Thank you for everyone who helped at the live fire training for Adair FD. They are very appreciative.
- AO training is coming up, more info soon.
- Next week Chief’s mystery drill starts at 6:30. Get there on time.
- Happy B-day to all February volunteers
- 24 runs for January, vs. 36 for the same time last year.
- Annual banquet at Jeremy Ott’s shop will be January 24th, dinner at 6:30 but come early.
- The new (Ford) pickups are here, just cab and frame. The beds are available and the equipment is on its way.
- Station 53 reconstruction report: the construction is out for bids, due on 2/6. Board and staff will conduct a question/answer session of contractors who apply.
- Reminder: drill next week will start at 6:30 and the incentive book will be completed and available.
Good of the Order: $ 1.00 To: Dave C. (roll it!)
Meeting Adjourned: Motion by: Sam H. Seconded by: CJ
Approved (Y?N): Y Time: 19:28 Submitted by: Dave C, sec